Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Missed It..

My Last post regarding Manny Ramirez going into the hall of fame I wrote from the heart. I had forgotten what happened last year with the 50 game suspension for using steroids. That does change thing quite a bit. Manny is still a great player and truly has put up hall of fame numbers, getting caught in the steroid age of the game of baseball isn't the worst thing to happen to a player. One because most of the guy's were still competing according to the rules of the game and baseball hadn't band the drug until the mid 90's I'm guessing. I would go so far as saying that the game promoted the use of steroids to save the game after the strike of 1994. We all remember CHICKS DIG THE LONG BALL! The problem I have with Manny is that 2009 year to test positive, that is cheating to get your advantage.
It surprises me that guy's would take that chance today, there is so much media surrounding the steroid talk writer can't wait to write about it. For the player, I guess if you can get away with it and it help your game and you get the multi-year contract you've accomplished your goal. Baseball is so much more than that though. As a player, TO USE you are thinking short term or long term? Is it worth it? I don't have that answer for you....You will have to ask the guy's that are dealing with the repercussions. Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and a host of others. Sammy Sosa has tried to turn himself white! Big Mac went underground for a while because of the pressure. The pressure that is place on these guy after they are exposed is so heavy do you think they would do things different? Mark McGwire would have never played in enough games to put up the numbers he put up. He was a great player, I could go on and on and on but this needs to be put to bed. Getting back on target Will Manny get your vote for the hall? My stand now is he can't go in UNLESS all the other guy's get in the hall of fame..... including Pete Rose.
to be continued...
leftside

No comments: